Catch my nose - if you can

Thursday, April 13, 2006

An end - and a new beginning awaits

My time in mama Rossiya is coming to an end; next Thursday I will already be in Lativa. I'm busy cleaning - mostly my computer in the office, planning my last days and yet trying to ignore the fact that I'm leaving.
Tomorrow we will have a big drinking-party event in the office, leaving Telphin will be hard. My co-workers are crazy, but the best co-workers in the world! :-)
Saturday - after having recovered from Friday night - my official farewell party will take place in my flat and in the center. I wanna go to Datcha once more...

I have had a GREAT year in St. Petersburg! I do believe that I was meant to be here, but I'm also ready to move on. I'm as sad about leaving as I'm happy to go back home. But I will be back in Russia for lots of visits for sure!!!

Read more!
Thanks to everyone for making this year so special... Things and people kept changing throughout the year!
@Simona: You were here when I arrived and you showed me the city and made me feel home! I'm really glad we became good friends! AND: it's your turn to visit me in Germany! ;-)
@Yuan, Pawel and John: I had a lot of fun hanging out on Nevski and Datcha all summer long! I got a pretty good idea of what it's like to be a guy :-) and sorry for abusing you as female friends sometimes ;-) You guys made my summer!
@Sonya: You know how desperate I was for real female company when you arrived ;-) but it wasn't only that which made us become friends. It just made me "sticky" in the beginning ;-) Although we disagree about things from time to time, I believe to have found a soul mate in you and I hope we will keep in touch!
@Igor: Thanks for entertaining me in ICQ and being a great travel partner to Siberia! :-))) And please drive carefully and stay in love with real people!!! Although I'm not moving to Jena, I will stop by sometime soon!
@Trainees: Armen, Chinxao, Cristina, Daniel, Jenny, Judit, Karl, Laura, Louise, Mari Sophie, Masha, Rosa, Samson, Shekar. Thanks for being my family!!! Take care, keep in touch and see you! ;-)
@AIESEC: thanks for making this year possible! As individuals you guys are great people!
@Telphin: :-((( Will just miss you so much! Keep in touch! But forget all the German words and phrases you have learned...

and to everyone else I met and haven't mentioned: thanks!!! The most important and impressive experience this year was YOU, all the people I met with their different opinions and culture!

Good bye, Russia! It's a love/hate relationship ;-) but I will mostly remember the good things!


@Germany: I'm looking forward to see everyone there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • So do I, Anna! So do I!

    Enjoy your last days as much as possible. Breath some last russian air and let it stay in your heart forever. Oh how poetic I am... :-)
    Just enjoy yourself, germany is waiting for you!

    Hugs, Jojo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:05 AM  

  • Hey, poetic Jojo! It makes me feel much, much better... knowing people are also looking forward to see me :-)
    I'm enjoying my last days... now going to the supermarket to buy LOADS of food and vodka for the party in the office...
    See you soon and hopefully sober!
    Hugs,
    Anna

    By Blogger Anna, at 2:30 PM  

  • Late is better than never, I've been told all my life..... so while having read your blog at times (and still not been able to restore my own), this seems to be my first comment, huh? Anyway, I'm looking forward to meet you again in Goettingen! (I won't leave this place for good before the end of July!)

    Greetz,
    Markus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • Anna, there is no new beginning inside the glass of beer, that's ffor sure;)

    btw how are you?

    Evgeniy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:40 PM  

  • @Montzi: Sorry for not having written... and sorry I missed your great Examensparty! However, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Hope to see you soon in Göttingen! Will be around next week :-)

    @Evgeniy: :-))) It wasn't meant as a new beginning. It was more a "goodbye, beer", will drink less in Germany ;-) I sort of miss Baltika, Nevskoe and all the other Russian beers!
    Take care!

    By Blogger Anna, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home