Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, January 30, 2006

Prague - Praha - Прага - Prag

I'm back in Russia after an awesome weekend in Prague! My co-worker Masha and I enjoyed the beautiful capital of the Czech Republic in cold but sunny weather. We ate loads, we had lots of beer, we walked a lot and slept well :-) What else you need!?

Thanks to the 2 hours time difference, we woke up early on Friday morning after a refreshing 9,5h sleep and set off to discover Jewish Prague. Our hotel, Certovka, was/is located right next to the Charles Bridge and from our room we could see the Prague castle.

The Charles Bridge

Read more!

View to the Prague Castle

We saw ALL the synagogues and exhibitions in Prague. I won't recite my feelings and impressions of the Jewish Prague tour, but it was very impressive!!! One thing that got me was the old suitcase of displaced "Otto Schwarzkopf", and the children's drawings... the drawings are the only items left in memory of these children!

Poser Anna in Prague

I fell in love with the hat, but I didn't buy it... Wouldn't be fashionable in Piter ;-)

Sightseeing

On top of the Tower Hall


On top of the Tower hall: View to the Prague castle and the "Eifeltower" (both at the horizon, and we climbed on both the next day)


Masha on top of the Tower Hall


Delicious dinner with beer and Becherovka
By the way, people thought I'm Russian! Some started guessing where I'm from, and the last thing that would say was Germany.
People also must have been very confused meeting Masha and me... A Russian and a German girl in Prague, speaking English with each other. WHAT???!!!

YUMMY!!!

Walking home...


Meeting old friends
The trip to Prague was a perfect gift... I had never been to Prague before and I wanted visit Simona this year anyway! Remember my cool Czech friend Simona? She was a trainee in Piter when I first got here.
Simona picked us up from the airport, took us around for a night sightseeing tour in the car, drove us to the airport on Sunday morning and went clubbing with us :-) THANKS!!!
The bad news for Simona: I want to go soon again to Prague and bug her! ;-)

The Prague Castle
Saturday was dedicated to the Prague Castle, which turned out to be a "slippery" and very cold adventure.

The stairs and paths were like skating rinks; it was more sliding and crawling than walking. However, we never fell :-)


The Prague Castle


Night sightseeing with Simona in the car

We had a safe flight home and I miss Europe again :-( I truly love my time in Russia, but it is time to go back. GREAT thanks to TELPHIN for this awesome weekend, and thanks to Masha for being such a great companion and her effort of speaking English with me all weekend long! And... see you soon, Simona ;-)

5 Comments:

  • Hi Anna¡¡¡¡ Surprise¡¡¡
    How are you¡¡¡ Only two things. First: Now, I'm thinking that it´s possible to be the first person in your note book who write the worst english (in the world, it´s possible too...jejeje)
    Second: What kind of person are you Anna? Yes, because when I read and see your photos (please, a Pulitzer Prize for Anna¡¡¡¡)at work today...I want to kill you¡¡¡ Oh my God what envy¡¡¡¡jejeje
    Well, apart of jokes, I miss you very much¡¡¡ Well...one thing more...My six days passed in Piter were unforgettables¡¡¡ Thank U Anna one more time. Thank U Rosa and Thank you Sonya for make me to know people like you.
    kisses
    Yours
    PACO.(o como redactar un comentario en inglés y no morir en el intento...jejeje)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:22 PM  

  • Hey Paco!!! What a nice surprise! :-))) Happy to hear from you!
    First: Don't worry about your English; it's absolutely fine!!! Yo tengo miedo de escribir en espanol... hace mucho tiempo que no he escrito nada ;-)
    Second: THANKS for the Prize! :-))) I love taking pictures just as much as you do. Sonya gave me the CD with your pics and I copied quite a lot of them! También me ha mandado la "foto-composición" de la Hermitage y de la plaza enfrente... es super preciosa!!!!

    AND: we also miss you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Russia so much!!! Hace muchísimo frío ahora :-( Como estás en Espana? ;-)
    Un beso

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:40 AM  

  • Oh Anna I´m dormido yet¡¡¡ I go to work very soon...Well jejeje, thank you very much for your nice comments...´Well, I don´t like very much my photos of Piter. We´re (my camera and me) new friends.
    Last weekend in spain were so cold: 28 important cities were under -15ºC. It´s true¡¡ But you know that its ocassional. I´m working in family´s "recolección de las olivas" and it was sooooo cold. Yestarday, now in Madrid we had sunny and nice day with all the people in the streets.
    Take my mail: paquitoelduque@hotmail.com.
    kisses
    Me alegro mucho de hablar contigo¡¡¡ Y tienes un castellano perfecto guapa¡¡¡
    have a nice day Anna¡¡¡

    And don´t forget you´re invited to come here¡¡¡
    I hope see you soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

  • @Paco: LOL!!! I love your email-address :-))) Excellent idea!!!

    Muchas gracias! ;-)
    Quiero viajar por Espana en verano, y seguro que pasaré por Madrid. Hope Sonya will join! ;-)
    Have a nice day!
    Un beso

    By Blogger Anna, at 10:33 AM  

  • I recently visited the City of Prague, also known as “the golden city of spires” on Vltava River. I found Prague very attractive, and the thousand-year history was visible particularly in the architecture. The touristy Old Town, the Prague Castle, the Little Quarter and the Jewish Town made a deep impression on me with beautiful medieval, gothic- and baroque-style churches and renaissance residential buildings, museums, cafes and theaters. One could wander through the meandering streets of Prague for days in a row and continuously discover hidden alleyways and unique views.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home