Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, December 19, 2005

3. Advent

Another week has passed and Christmas is close! For the first time I will celebrate Christmas in a country where December 24th/25th are ordinary days. We are lucky it is a weekend... I'd be utterly depressed having to work on Christmas when there is no Christmas feeling in the air in general!
My dear company has decided to have our corporated New Year's party on Saturday, which I'm very sad to miss! But there is no way I'm celebrating New Year's on Christmas!!!
Read more!
However, I had fine weekend :-) Sonya, her Spanish friends (others than last week, but friends of the Spanish friend from last week...) and I went to banya on Friday! By now my body has adapted really well to the heat and I like it super hot until my ears burn and I'm more a bathtub than sweating... Bad stuff out!!! I slept 11 hours after that!

On Saturday I went to the Hermitage... One of those places where you say, "Great place, entrance is free for students. Will go there very often, aehm, not this weekend... next weekend..." and now it is the end of December and my student ID expires! It was awesome and I will go again next weekend! Spending Christmas in the Hermitage is okay, don't you think?!
Interestingly, I took more pics of the surroundings of the Hermitage than inside... and was being yelled at for sticking my camera out of the window! A (rather friendly, indeed) lady told me that the "milizia" could take my camera and hands as a terroristic act... or whatever!






After the Hermitage we went to see the "Nutcracker". I didn't like it as much as the other ballets I have seen before. Still world class dancers in a stunning theater! Spoiled tourist I am :-)


It is Christmas... which also means that half of the trainees are leaving, some for vacation, others forever! We had the final party in "the castle" and I stumbled home at 8 in the morning. I'm getting too old for this stuff! I couldn't move properly on Sunday. Well, wait, I went Christmas cards shopping and ended up checking out all the shoe shops :-) Haven't bought anything yet, but I'm close to ;-)


I hope you are all enjoying this Christmas time! Have a great time with family and friends!
@Mom: I miss you very much!!!

2 Comments:

  • merry christmas! enjoy it, even if it is kinda calender mixed up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:18 AM  

  • @mad_: Great to hear from you! It is all mixed up here, but I'm havin' a great time anyway! Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

    By Blogger Anna, at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home