Catch my nose - if you can

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Germany: Home, sweet home!

Loads of things have happened since I climbed into the airplane to Hannover last Sunday and HOME!!! Yay!
So... this is going to be a rather long post... just warning you! ;-)

I met Roman, the nice German speaking Russian guy at the airport in Piter, because he had a flight to Berlin 20 min before my take-off to Hannover. The flight was fast and smooth and I got out of the airport in Hannover within 10 min... Stood outside VERY suprised (had forgotten German efficiency and was flattered by the German Bundesgrenzschutz waving me through immigration control...). Right when I left the Terminal a car passed by, obviously looking for a parking spot... my mom!!! What a joy!!!


Mom and I having my welcome dinner on Sunday, December 20th
Read more!

Relaxing: Watching "Der Duft der Frauen"

It felt weird at first to be back in Germany and it took me about 2 days to adjust to speaking German with strangers in shops and streets! Arriving at home and unpacking boxes with my clothes and things was like Christmas, Easter and Birthday together!!!

I went to see a doctor... Turns out I had a nasty bronchitis and I have to take some stuff for 30 days.

I slept 10 hours every night during the first week in Germany.

I met my dad, who left my parents' flat in July and never came back. Apparently he moved in with his bi-sexual girlfriend who drives a sports car... No comment on that one. I still can't believe he just walked out of the door after 30 years of marriage...


The Christmas Market in Braunschweig


Bald nun ist Weihnachtszeit, fr�hliche Zeit!


Der Weihnachtsmarkt am Dom in Braunschweig

On Thursday Mom and I went to Köthen to see my grandma and aunt and uncle. They have two cats, mother and son... You can imagine my behavior :-) I wouldn't let the black and very soft little cat anywhere and he was happy to snuggle in my arms and fell happliy asleep!


Aunt Brigitte and Uncle Klaus


My grandma Elfriede


Me and the wonderful kitten "Teufelchen"


Anna and Teufelchen


The best mother in the world

I went to Bremen over the weekend and drank LOADS of Glühwein. We also discovered lots of empty beer bottles the next morning and decided that it must have been Philip, the invisible roommate... :-) Bremen is beautiful! Especially in December when there are Christmas Markets behinds every corner!


Böttcherstrasse in Bremen


Lovely pigs in Bremen


Das Weser-Ufer in Bremen


Anna and the Bremer "Stadtmusikanten"


Im Bürgerpark in Bremen


Stefan making "self-made" pizza: YUMMY!!!

I have been in Göttingen, my university town, since Sunday evening. Spicy Springroll is playing "Hotel Chen-Yu" again! (THANKS!!!) I had a Döner, went to the "Schlauch", had loads of Glühwein again. Chen and I went shopping... And last night we all ended up really drunk and went to bed early in the morning!


Chen-Yu (Spicy Springroll)


Chen and Anna in the Mensa


Mit Paul und Chenita auf dem Weihnachtsmarkt


Drinking Glühwein with Jojo


Paul found his Funktionsunterwäsche and was allowed to join us to the Weihnachtsmarkt!


Enjoying a strong coffee after a long night


Christmas Market in Göttingen


Weender Straße in Göttingen


Klausi


Klausi and Chen sleeping after partying ;-)


Chen and Sveenie in Cafe Zentral


Happy with 2 Donuts :-)

Tonight I'm going back to Braunschweig and Friday morning it is time to return to Piter :-( I really don't want to go back!!! I got used to Germany again... These two weeks have been exactly like I had pictured them... GREAT!!! Thanks to everyone for hosting and entertaining me! Will miss you all VERY much!

8 Comments:

  • Aarrgh! Gluehwein!! Gimme some of that! Green with envy, yes I am!
    Lovely pics you have there honey, I tell you, I miss Goettingen a bit indeed. Damn, and i forgot what a handsome roomie I had back then... :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 AM  

  • uh, you're looking gorgeous too in your pink coat btw... ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

  • @Magnetball: Wish you had been here...

    Thanks! I also like my new jacket, but it is definitely not German... ;-)

    Tomorrow back to Piter :-( Enjoy hot California!!!

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:13 PM  

  • SWARZKOPF IS COMIN BACK!!! HOOORAY!!! WE MISS YOU...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 AM  

  • Hiiiiiiii Sunshine!!!
    I am in Warsaw nowwwwww! Life is so strange hehe;) I work now...even 12 hours a day...I am soooooooo tired sometimes...almoust every day:)
    I miss my boyfriend very much...when do you want to visit me? I do not have my own flat now but...I hope to get it soon. Write me an e-mail on tuathe@gazeta.pl
    Hugs!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  

  • So, Anna!

    You´re back in Piter. Hope, you don´t regret your little holidays here now that you have to face real life again. Should be a shock, indeed.
    However, it was so lovely to spend some too-short-minutes with you. I´m sure, magnetball is bursting in California, cursing at the sun which cannot give him the right warm feeling even though it´s shining all the time. Cause much warmer ist Glühwein and a little chat with Anna.
    Anyway, thanks for your compliment, magnetball, I miss my fränkisch-Mitwohni as well! :-)

    Bye for now and keep the faith!

    JOJO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:59 AM  

  • Dear Anna,

    I remember that famous Glowwine-Evening and the very nice Gespräch with you till the morning broke. Hope you have a very nice time in russia. I want to see you back again in april. In everlasting love...

    Yours

    Erwin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 PM  

  • My dear friends in Germany and Ania! I'm really flattered by your comments and can only repeat: THANK YOU!!! You made my stay in Germany a perfect getaway from life in Russia! I had an absolutely great time and can't wait to return to Germany!

    Dear co-workers: Work is the only thing I was actually looking forward to in Piter! Well, there are some wonderful trainees in town too, but I missed being in the office a little bit! You guys make my life in Russia a lot better! (Although I could do with a little less "harassment" ;-)

    Greatings to California! :-))) Enjoy the sun!

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home