Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, November 14, 2005

Six months in Russia

Well, I took all these pictures with my Canon camera!!! No cheating anymore! ;-)

View from FINEC to Kazansky Cathedral and Kanal Griboedova
Read more!
I felt quite sick on Friday and went home (to the hotel) at noon :-) I spent the day in bed, sleeping, reading Harry Potter (yes, in Russian and I'm counting CHAPTERS now, not only PAGES) and watching movies. Same routine on Saturday, but went out to attend two parties: The official Welcome Parties for the four FINEC trainees (kindly ignoring the fact that I have been here for 6 months, Sonya for 3, Laura for 2 and Rosa for more than 1 months...) and an ENJEC Welcome Party (for a trainee who had arrived 2 hours earlier from the USA and had a nice jetlag). Both parties were lovely, but I was glad to get home around midnight and spent the entire Sunday sleeping, reading and watching movies :-)


FINEC Trainees: Laura, Sonya, Anna and Rosa

The ENJEC trainees are fun people! Well, some of their stories are no fun at all! They had a projector stolen the other day and AIESEC is giving them a terrible time! One of the them is being stopped by the police every day and spends a lot of time at the police station, because he looks a little too dark. Another one of them loves to sing "Oh, pump it up, oh pump it up" when setting up an airbed, which won't have any air in the morning! A fourth person can't decide whether he prefers Olya, Tanya or Katya... I keep telling him "Tanya"! :-)
Two other of the ENJEC trainees hooked up with each other; well, we don't know exactly WHAT happened, but testimonials are sure THAT something happened.
These people are simpy great and I will miss them all!!!


ENJEC Trainees: Jenny, AIESECer, Luise and Daniel


Samson and Mari Sophie from the "castle"


connecting the AIESEC LCs: Igor and Anna

Yeah, things are not too good here at the moment! I guess that six month in one place is a little too much for me ;-) And I miss my own bed... I did a little counting over the weekend and I have lived in 8 different apartments this year already; not just spending a night, but LIVING! And hopefully I will move this week into my 4th apartment in St. Petersburg ;-)
Today six months ago I arrived in St. Petersburg... Great summer I had here, but now I somehow feel that I'm ready to move on...
Ignore my whining! I'm sick and I miss real TV! ;-) And I miss - as one of my smart friends pointed out to me: European men! Nothing against Russians, they are great! But everyone above 25 is married!

4 Comments:

  • A friend just told me "Du liest Harry Potter? Und das auf Russisch? krank;-)"
    Interestingly, I have read the first book only in Spanish, but I remember all the texts in English... Isn't that weird?

    By Blogger Anna, at 1:14 PM  

  • You look very cute on the picture "FINEC Trainees" (it`s the one with the three other schicks). I love you.

    an anonymous paul

    ps: on all other pictures you are looking like a doofe gurke.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

  • @Thanks! Love you too, but I'm not even ON the other pics!

    Where on earth are you? I'm confused!!!

    By Blogger Anna, at 3:10 PM  

  • Dear Anna,

    I am back in göttingen now.

    Schübbsi

    Paul

    PS: Dont't bother, I am confused all the way, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home