Catch my nose - if you can

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Finally winter!


Yesterday the weather forecast promised that we'd have -18 today and I gave it a smirk, because they also said it would be REALLY cold for New Year's eve and we hardly had minus degrees. However, I put on an extra sweater this morning before I walked out of the door.. I got out, sniffed the air and thought, 'silly forecast, this isn't cold'. I walked down the stairs and crossed the square in front of my house and thought, 'Hm, well, it is colder than yesterday, but not -18! (I always have a very hot shower in the morning plus very hot coffee so usually I can't wait to leave the building, because I'm overheating...) Finally, by the time I arrived at the metro I was ready to admit that we indeed have -18 today... but at least the sun is shining! In Moscow it is -25 and Novosibirsk has -40 :-)
I spotted wonderful ice stars in the hallway towards my office though.
Read more!
I had a fine weekend with lots of "health activities". First of all, I started to take cold (very short) showers in the morning!
On Friday we had Chunxiao's farewell party (the 1st one in a long list) in her apartment and I refused to get up before noon on Saturday. Sonya had spent the night in my apartment and we were being lazy tattletales till 5 in the afternoon. We finished the day with a great sweating session in a banya with most of the trainees and a great dinner at a Chinese restaurant on Vasileovsky Ostrov - where I used to live in summer.
On Saturday I went skiing - Yay - and made it down all the hills more or less gracefully... at least I didn't fall! :-)
Followed by this was Chunxiao's 2nd farewell party in her apartment. Her 3rd one is taking place tonight and we will see her off at the train station tomorrow! She says she discovered her "housewife" qualities at the age of 32... So, I hope it will also hit me some day! :-)

4 Comments:

  • My dear Annita,

    my iBook decided yesterday to make my life harder: The harddisc said good-bye! I was every happy that I always made copies of my thesis! But of my fotos and emails! Sven ( I called him "my hero" right now) tried hard to save the data...and he made it! I can´t get everything back, but at least 90% I would say!
    I will have to go to Kassel tomorrow to get a new one for my iBook: €200!
    Autsch!
    I am leaving for Taiwan on Monday. I will check your blogg very often as usual! ;-)
    I will have +23 degrees in Taiwan..and you +18. Wow! What a difference!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 PM  

  • My dear Flühlingslolle!
    OMG!!! That is horrible! I know what I will be doing all evening long tonight: Buy CDs and save all my data... I lost my computer last year, but one of my "hero" co-workers in Siberia saved it! I swore that from then on I would always made copies of my data, but of course, I haven't! :-(((
    90% is good!!! Thumps up to Sveenie!!!

    Have a safe trip to Taiwan and enjoy your family, and the nice weather. I think we have at least -30 today! It is unbelievable! My eyelashes froze and I could barely blink!!!
    Talk to you soon! :-)

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:18 AM  

  • Girls... get with the program. Buying CDs to save your data?! Get a backup hardrive which doesn't cost that much money or just get a couple USB flash cards! CDs?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:00 AM  

  • You are absolutely right, Asian chick!!! I'm planning to purchase a 300GB hard drive once I get back to Germany... I don't trust that in Russia :-( Only three more months to go!
    Btw, Momo is adorable!!!

    By Blogger Anna, at 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home