Catch my nose - if you can

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Weekend adventures

It's the middle of March and we still have minus degrees :-( At least it is a one-digit number by now! I had fine weekend though, with A LOT of walking through beautiful and sunny St. Petersburg.

Well, that's a night shot - no sun there, but it is still beautiful :-)
Read more!

On Saturday Sonya and I crossed the Neva not by using a bridge, nor did we use any other medium... we simply walked over the river!!! It was a little scary in the beginning, but there were loads of people and an obviously frequently used trail which we simply followed.

Sonya in the middle of the Neva

Once again safe and sound on solid ground we visited the Peter and Paul Cathedral, and it is hard to believe, but Katherine II, Peter II, the members of Nicolas II family and other famous people are resting there in huge caskets.

Sonya works for the monthly newspaper Pulse, which is published in Russian and English, and we were invited to a press conference as Pulse journalists in the afternoon. It was the first press conference I have ever attended in life - after a lot of studying PR at university - but it wasn't just an ordinary press conference (which they should never be anyway): "Werewolf", a bikers' club just opened! A BIKERS' CLUB! OMG!
Free food and free drinks, it took very little time to get tipsy ;-) We had press cards and were soooo proud of them... as you can see below!


The bikers were also a lot of fun. Pulse editor Matthew had made it his mission to infiltrate the bikers and Sonya and I had to play roles as supporting actresses. We ended up having a photo shooting with some of the bikers, me being the official photographer. One of my pics might actually be published in the newspaper's next edition! I'm really thrilled!


After Werewolf we went on to Datcha... Yeah, Datcha again!


On Sunday I went for an extraordinary long walk - I'm working on my "to do - list" :-) For those who know the city: I got off the metro at Sennaya Pl. and walked all the way to Primorskaya where I met the girls for sauna! I witnessed one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen!!! In fact, I ran for it :-))) I crossed Vasilevsky Island running... and got the last bits of the pink sky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home