Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, February 06, 2006

"Durak", Pushkin and other adventures

Happy Monday! Headache is gone, work is back!
I had a fine week and a nice weekend... if we ignore the cold that freezes my b... off! I went to a jazz concert on Thursday and especially enjoyed the singer... a very energetic/slutty/wild Russian lady in her late 30ies/40ies I'd say. In the end we were all swinging on our chairs, clapping madly!

On Friday, part of the German community hang out in "Zoom" drinking beer and vodka and playing "Durak"... a very nice Russian card game, which we continued on Saturday! The cultural part of the weekend was a trip to Tsarskoe selo, also called Pushkin, home of the Romanov family. It was freezing cold and the walk in the park was rather short, but beautiful... See the pics :-)

Read more!



Anna being a statue


Igor and Katya

After the palace adventure we (Jenny, Igor, Karl, Katya and me) were cold and hungry and started drinking vodka at Jenny's place in Pushkin and playing cards again. Around 10pm we went on to "Datcha", the famous expats bar in the center. Unfortunately I had a little too much vodka which caused the loss of my memory... but not too worry... my dear friends took loads of pictures which give evidence of every single move I made in Datcha. Apparently I had great fun dancing ;-)

Jenny, Karl and Anna


Laura and Rosa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home