Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, March 20, 2006

Losses - and recoveries

March 20th and it is snowing like crazy. The sun managed to find a way through the clouds, but it is still definitely not spring!!! :-(
The past week was full of surprising and unusual events and I'd like to share some of the them.

As I might have mentioned before, Katya, the managing director of my company quit her job and is moving to Moscow. This very sad loss at least had to be celebrated adequately. So, all Telphin employees gathered in a German!!! bar on Friday around 7pm and we started drinking very efficiently. The metro closes at midnight, so we had to make sure everyone was hammered by then and ready to go home. And guess what, we managed that :-)))

Read more!
We gave Katya a photo album with pictures, most of the pictures we had hidden from her so far... most pics were taken by me, the paparazzo, but fortunately I was just as often on the those very compromising pictures (some of them I uploaded some time ago).

Katya looking at the pics

I got home safe and sound, but realized that one of my beloved earrings was gone :-( It was a rather expensive Christmas present from my dear mom and I can still hear her saying, 'take good care of them, Anna'. I was really upset! On Saturday I had a look at the 149 pictures taken the night before and noticed that at 21.51 o'clock I still had my earring, but a pic taken at 21.53 clearly shows that the earring was gone! Motivated by the knowledge of WHERE exactly I lost it I went to the bar and asked. They weren't being helpful and the people sitting at that very table just looked at me like, 'just leave us alone, we are having a beer...!' I left my phone number in the bar and was determined to go back the next day. BUT the manager of the bar called me yesterday morning... they had found it!!! Yay!!! I met him in the center and got it back! :-)

On Saturday all the AIESEC trainees gathered for the last party with Jenny, who is going back home to Germany on Wednesday morning :-( All the Germans are leaving... I'm last one and I will follow soon!


I recommend this article: Nine Years, Nine Whores, Nine Hours. It is disturbing, but brilliant, really well written. Especially men might find it interesting!

It is still cold, and the general situation is not very good in Russia... I saw a dead man on the street on my way home the other day! Scary!

3 Comments:

  • Oh Anna,

    I´m so happy that finally I know that there are "alpha-whores" in life... I don´t know if this is disturbing but it´s kind of funny however. Strange, strange, strange! Do I want to know how you found this story? Well, - no!

    Yours, Alpha-Jojo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

  • @Alpha-Jojo! Just to defend/protect my good reputation: I found the article while working as a journalist! Really!!! I had gone to that press conference in a biker's club... my friend Sonya works for a newspaper in St. Petersburg, and so does another American... And he - as a JOUNRALIST!!! - is a frequent reader of www.exile.ru! We were talking about Russia and he recommened the site, and especially that article in question :-))) I think it is a brilliant piece!
    I didn't search in google for anything funny...!!! ;-)

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:13 AM  

  • I agree, it's a well-written article and brutally honest - quite intimidating actually.
    I had a similar encounter to the "Thank god i didnt put it in"-feeling yesterday when I was waiting at pedestrian stoplight in SF's tenderloin district. A junkie was standing next to me, handing a loaded and certainly used syringe to his buddy. Thank god he didnt hit me with that needle...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home