Catch my nose - if you can

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Duration of my traineeship

This morning I finally had the guts to ask Katya, my boss, about the length my traineeship... As a matter of fact, I forgot to ask her about it when we had the interview and then the issue never came up again. Viktor, the AIESECer who "matched" me with the company said it was meant for 6 months, but since I got a visa for a year I'm really keen on staying longer here!!! I don't know what it is, there are so many little things I love in Russia, just as much as I hate certain things. But I can't help to notice that I'm happy here!!!

So... I asked Katya how long I can stay and she smiled at me and said, "as long as you can"! Yay!!!! My visa expires in April 2006 and I have no whatsoever intention to leave Russia before that! They will even raise my salary a little bit :-)

Still not sure if I should change my ticket and stay in Piter over Christmas or go to Germany on December 18th as planned for vacation...
However, VISIT ME if you can!!! There is plenty of time!

4 Comments:

  • Hey iceprincess,
    now that's good news! But actually, wasnt it your plan anyways to stay for one year? As you can guess, I wont manage to come to Russia before leaving for the US and I wont be in Germany for christmas either. So our next real-life encounter will be in late 2006 or 2007? ;-(
    Keep blogging!
    :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:12 PM  

  • Yes, but I wasn't sure if I was gonna have a job for the whole year... So, we will keep blogging from the two most hated countries in the world... trying to establish friendship through German souls... Just kidding! But keep in touch! :-)))

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM  

  • Hi Sunshine:)
    I am soooo sorrrrrrry for not writing... I am surching for a job now. I would like to stay in Lublin but here is no job for me:( In one month I will decide what to do next... go to USA or somewhere else or move to Warsaw. I would love to go to Russia...but I can not:( no work no money; I love to read your blog, it is so nice to see that you are happy... I miss you! With hugs...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:57 PM  

  • My dear Ania!!! I also miss you very much!!! Wish you the best in your job hunt! And I will try to visit you next year whereever you are!
    Yes, I'm (most of the time) happy here :-) Russia is such a strange country, but I love it! I will write you an email with some more details... :-(

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home