Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, July 18, 2005

Swimming

There is that cat high up on a building on Nevski Prospekt and that bird at one of the channels where you can try to throw and land a coin and make a wish, and whereever you see some golden spot on a monument you can touch it and also make a wish. And guess what: It works :-) But it is like in the parabel with the guy on the roof during the Flood... The guy is really religious and believes that God will save him. A boat passes and wants to help him, but he says, "No, thanks, God will save me". This happens two more times before the water reaches the roof and the guy drowns... Up in heaven he complains that God didn't save him and God says, "I sent you three boats! Why didn't you get into one of them?"
However, I finally got to go swimming this summer!!! Yay! And according to friends, my skin looks "tasty" now! I had lots of fun playing in the water and you wouldn't believe what those AIESECers did...

On Sunday Sergey and his girlfriend Ania took Yuan, Pawel from Poland and me to Pushkin, to the really nice park a bit outside of Piter. We had a great time taking funny pictures which I prefer not to upload here :-)

My Monday started off rather stressful though... I had not realized that I was supposed to be in the office at 9am and walked calmly in at 10am... Furthermore, I had not noticed that my phone was blocked due to low credit and so the sms from my boss didn't get through... Then it turned out that my internet wasn't working and my boss got really nervous about the reports that were due, so I had to work at someone else's computer - the poor person was not happy about that at all. Anyway, there are not many things which can my cheerful mood today!


Relaxing at a lake - finally summer!
Read more!

Having a time-out on the lake :-)


The ex-LCP, the LCP and another important AIESEC member...


Anna buried in the sand...


Waiting for the bus to go back: Oleg, Lesha, Tyoma, Vitja and Pawel


LCP Lesha and Tyoma


Ex-LCP Vitja


Sergey, Tania and Lesha


Pushkin


Anna at Pushkin


Sunday at Pushkin


Yay!

2 Comments:

  • as for wishes ... just don't start picking up money and all will stay well...managed to stress the Russians .... wow [quite a feat :O)] !!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 AM  

  • @mad_zaffer: Who are you???
    And I certainly won't try to collect the money... I don't have the size to reach the animals!
    Neah... stressing Russians seems to be something impossible! But I don't let them stress me anymore :-) That is definitely a progress :-)))

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home