Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, June 20, 2005

Mishka and Hermitage

What can I say? This was my 5th week in Russia and it was mainly ruled by a beautiful black cat! I spent most of the evenings at home entertaining Mishka, and Mishka entertaining me... Yesterday evening he gave me true shock when balancing (once more, although I try to teach him NOT to do it) on the balcony and almost fell down. I live on the 7th floor... I was angrily yelling at him and he disappeared as fast as he could in the bathroom! After that he was calmly sitting at my feet, trying to show that he is a good cat; I dare him to set his cute little paws on the balcony again!
I went, however, for several walks through the city and admired St. Petersburg's white nights! On Saturday and Sunday I tried to sleep as long as I could, which is rather difficult with a cat that learned that I have to get up at 8am and is doing an excellent job as an alarm clock! Thank God, I brought my ohropax!!! He is a heartbreaker with his shy meows!

On Saturday we were having Simona's farewell party (the girl from the Czech Republic and my fellow AIESEC trainee), because she is leaving on Thursday :-((( Besides the AIESEC dances it was a great party and I got really good Czech food! :-) Later that evening Simona and I even got to see a (only half) striptease!!! Yay!

My fifth Sunday in town was finally dedicated to the Hermitage. The best thing about it is - I still can't believe this is possible in Russia - ALL students get in for free!!! Usually the entrance fee for whatever Russian museums, theaters etc. ranges from Russian students, Russians adults, foreign students (and at this point the whole thing gets expensive) to foreign adults. So, as a consequence, people accompanying me to museums tell me to shut up :-) Lovely country!!!

Have a great week!


Kunstkamera
Read more!

Hermitage


Simona and Anna in Zoom


Mishka...


Mishka on the balcony


Tyoma and Simona: apparently Tyoma doesn't want Simona to leave! Nobody wants her to leave!!!


Anna and Russians souvenirs


Zhenya and Lesha (It would be boring to upload the official pics!!!)


Metro


Hermitage


View from Hermitage (Winter Palace)


Anna in the Throne Hall in Hermitage


Catherine the Great and small Anna :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home