Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, May 23, 2005

Welcome Party and getaway from the city

The weather is fabulous in Piter and I managed to get a little sunburn when hanging out all day long at some really cool lake yesterday! Half of an aspirin plus getting completely drunk did the miracle of curing my cold :-) A new week has started and with it came a huge pile of work...

Anyway, on Saturday my buddy Masha and I bought loads of different sorts of beer for my welcome party, which was taking place in my flat mate's room (who had not been asked for permission, but didn't care when he arrived at home pretty drunk around midnight). We were a rather small group of people, but that doesn't mean we didn't have a great time. Since I have spent 6 Siberian winter months in Russia, I am familiar with all sorts of drinking games. Unfortunately I got a little out of practice during the 2,5 months in Germany (clap your hands in two different ways and keep saying stuff like "fuck me, fuck me" "deeper, deeper" "lick me, lick me" without getting confused!!!). And hm, yeah, I was happly being my very self. Please don't call my mom, dear spicy springroll! ;-)
Germany was last in the Eurovision song contest :-(((
I also shuffled in some pelmeni! Yay! Honestly, I have no idea how I have managed to spend a week in Russia without having pelmeni!!!! Btw, some gossip about me made it from Siberia to St. Petersburg and I have a pretty good idea who the source of this is. One disadvantage of AIESEC!!!

Sunday morning I had a friendly hangover and took the second half of the aspirin :-)
I had to get up at 9.30 am... AIESECers do not belong to the working population and don't appreciate the value of a long Sunday morning sleep in. However, it was worth the show of strength! Simona (the cool girl from the Czech Republic) Katja, Vitja, Tyoma (all AIESECers) and I went to a lake a bit outside of the city. I never thought I would say this some day, but I REALLY MISS THE TREES IN AKADEMGORODOK!!! Saint Petersburg is by no means a green city and the traffic is an everlasting annoying background noise.
We had "Shashliki" and enjoyed ourselves in a rubber dinghy on the lake:-)))

All right, I have to work for a while now! Hope you are all doing well!!! :-)

Anna and her favorite toy: fire :-)
Read more!

Simona and Katya trying to set up the boat


Tyoma and Vitja


Anna and the "shashlikiy"


Simona and Tyoma on their boat trip


Caught a crab! Or did the crab get me?


A day at a lake


My buddy Masha

1 Comments:

  • Dear spicy springroll,

    yeah, it is amazing how fast I got used to life here: just give me alcohol, fire, sun and cool people :-) But I miss you!!!

    I read about German politics! Stupids!!! ARGH! I will not return to Germany of Stoiber or Merkel are voted chancellor!!!

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home