Catch my nose - if you can

Friday, April 29, 2005

Katha's birthday

The birthday party marathon goes on! On Wednesday we happily celebrated Katha's 29th birthday (ups, did I mention the age?) in the 6-Millionen-Dollar-Club. Although some people got really hurt (anyone who does NOT know how bad blue marks feel - please don't hesitate to contact me), we had a great time!

I am still sitting in the library in Göttingen; when I turn my head to the left I can see the spicy springroll with her head smoking - at least one of us is actually working, aren't you, dear? ;-). My invitation from Russia finally arrived on Tuesday and I sent all the necessary documents to Hamburg. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I had to delay my departure for about 2 weeks... Russian bureaucracy and German mail... at least I already know where I will live in St. Petersburg. You can't imagine how much I am looking forward to have my own closet after 2 months living out of a suitcase!!!
@Mel: I hope I will make it to Peter in time to see you and your family!!!

My mother met a nice young English speaking lady on the street the other day. And since my smart mom knows I am writing an essay in English and need someone to read the whole thing, she asked the lady for her phone number. I have to note that my mom doesn't speak any English, but she realized that is was rather fluent English. So, when I was home this week, my mom forced me to call the lady - my stuborn mother dialed the numer and pressed the the phone in my hand. I immediately realized that the lady was not an English native speaker, but we were chatting nicely anway. I had a funny feeling and eventually asked the lady what her native language is... RUSSIAN! :-))) Yay!

I am the proud owner of 4 different apartment keys in Göttingen. It must be funny to watch me changing flats all the time! Thank you very much, Chen-Yu, Katha, Elke, Christian and Jojo!!! I moved in with two men yesterday and got a great dinner last night! ;-)


Die Festsau
Read more!

Klausi and Thomas


Chen-Yu, Sveenie and Paul


Markus


Klausi and Chenita


Maren, Anne and Klaus (the big)


"Bartel" and Paul


Anna and Christian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home