Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, May 30, 2005

Weekend adventures

I survived another weekend in Saint Petersburg despite heavy partying :-)

When I got home on Friday evening, my dear flat mate was on his way to whatever AIESEC alumni party in an Irish Pub and did a good job convincing me to join him... He complained that I hadn't posted any photo of him in my blog. This is due to the fact that I hadn't taken any pics of him... Below you can see the result of the photo session which followed that complaint!

Zhenya Charikov

Anyway, I had a good time speaking a lovely mixture of English and Russian and once more experienced the advantages (or disadvantages...) of AIESEC: I got to know to some gossip about AIESEC NSU... Yay!
As a result of the exhausting week I slept till 12pm on Saturday :-) Thanks to the sleeping mask and ear-plugs! I dedicated the afternoon to sightseeing in the city: Alexander Nevskij Laura, where I found some nature :-)
Read more!
Saturday evening/night... Hm, first I went to a music cafe which really reminded me of the "Nautilus" in Goettingen... I guess the reason were the rather European "messy" haircuts and the music :-)
I don't know what drove me to agree to this, but I ended up going to a night club on an island. This means that you can't go home after midnight by metro and not at all after 2am, because they open the bridges till 5am... and metro starts working at 5:30am again... And as we all know, it is one thing to stay in a club till 5:30am if you may leave any time you want or if you are bound to stay there, because there is no way out!!! I really liked the music and had a good time dancing, but I was half dead by the time I got home... 7am!!! The good thing is that I got the chance to take great pictures at 5:30 in the morning :-))) White Nights in Saint Petersburg!

Yesterday I had a look at my future appartment and will move either today or tomorrow and enjoy a single-flat ;-)


Alexander Nevskij Square


At Alexander Nevskij Laura


Trees!!! Yay!


Trinity Cathedral (I hope this is correct...)


Saturday night in a night club: Zhenya (not my flat mate; the name is really popular in Russia:-)


Anna enjoying Efes


Vitja at 5am...


Going home at 5:30am


Going home at 5:30am

5 Comments:

  • :-))) Will try to find out! I read Alice's post about your trip to the sauna and remembered the great time we had in the water bed... studying "Schnie...". Hmpf, miss you too!

    By Blogger Anna, at 4:41 PM  

  • Anna- Too bad that you didn't get to join us to the sauna trip. Can't wait to read your experience of a Russian sauna. Let me ask my best friend here in D.C. who is from Russia and see what her experience was!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:55 AM  

  • @Alice: Hiya, nice to hear from you this way! :-) It is pity we didn't meet in Göttingen! It seems you guys had so much fun!!!
    Enjoy D.C. and take care! Btw, Momo is sooooo cute!!!

    By Blogger Anna, at 9:47 AM  

  • Hey!

    I can´t understand why you moved. This guy looks like fun! - However. Are you sure, that we need a visum to go to St. Petersburg for less than a week? I guess Flo, the friend of Stegi who already visited St. Petersburg, told me that he didn´t need such complicated things which freak me out. However, how do I get a visum...???

    Help me, my dear!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 AM  

  • @Dear ex-boyfriend: Yeah, the guy IS funny and great company, but I can have even more fun living alone... ;-) Well, I just dont want to have to pretend to be Ms. Little Perfect all the time! Ich möchte nach ner langen Partynacht gemütlich in meiner Wohnung "rumsumpfen" können! :-)

    It's Russia and I am quite sure that you do need a visa. But for you little tourists it is rather easy and cheap to get a visa. Ask in the travel agency and check out http://www.russischebotschaft.de/Konsulat/konsularabteilung.htm

    Looking forward to see you guys here!

    By Blogger Anna, at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home