Catch my nose - if you can

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Beach and Pavlovsk

Finally the summer arrived in St. Petersburg and I get to wear all my skirts, dresses and sandals. My optimism (like Zhenya Charikov, my former flatmate called it) was worthwhile:-) So, I went to a beautiful beach at the park "300 years of St. Petersburg" on Saturday and to Pavlovsk on Sunday. Pavlovsk was built for Russian Tsar Paul I, the only son of Catherine the Great. The palace is located southeast of the city of St. Petersburg, a few miles beyond the town of Tsarskoe Selo. And there is a REAL FOREST!!! Yay! And millions of mosquitos and other lovable bugs... I was only missing the usual shashlikiy!

Mishka and I are doing fine, although I have the funny feeling that the cat does not REALLY appreciate his diet... He fed him too much and he is a little fat now :-(
I was forced to rearrange the storage of my clothes, because Mishka simply detests closed doors and considers it a personal insult if he can't open one... Last week he finally figured out how to open my underwear drawer...

Yesterday after work I went to the beach again. White nights make it possible and enjoyable to an outmost degree to stay there till 10:30pm. Only the more than urgent need of a toilet drove us away from the beach.


Hanging out at the Park "300 years of St. Petersburg"
Read more!

Doing some sports ;-)


Still at the park "300 years of St. Petersburg"


At Pavlovsk


Pavlovsk


Pavlovsk


Watching the sunset from my appartment


At the beach after work


Vasilevsky Island

3 Comments:

  • Oh, have you been Lokhalle? ;-) Yeah, Germans are strange :-)))

    By Blogger Anna, at 1:24 PM  

  • No it was at Mr. Jones, and Miss spicy just went through with her to-go-indian-food on her way home to give as a quick hug. Looked very funny when she tried to hurry through the sand with her flip-flops and then, back on solid ground, had to stomp her feet a few times to get rid of all the sand. On the other hand, running with these shoes on solid ground looked funny too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:53 PM  

  • @Dwayne: Miss Spicy is certainly another good name for Tschen Jau, Schön Ypsilon, Chain You or however else you named her :-)
    Your description of that instant in Mr. Jones is hysterical, I can imagine it perfectly and can't help laughing! :-))) Enjoy the sand!

    By Blogger Anna, at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home