Catch my nose - if you can

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Birthday

Like 28 years ago my birthday fell on a Sunday this year and I had a great birthday party in my appartment! I'm really, really flattered about the crowd of people who showed up and made this a wonderful party! I got extremely thoughtful presents, cards and emails, and can't say often enough, "THANK YOU!!!".

Happy Birthday!!!
Read more!
Paddy from Ireland, currently AIESEC trainee in Moscow arrived with the overnight train on Saturday morning and didn't know that he wasn't going to get much sleep over the weekend ;-) The party on Saturday was meant to start as Pawel's (CEEDer from Poland) welcome party and turn into my birthday party at some point. Pawel and I bought as much food as we could possibly carry home and EVERYTHING mysteriously disappeared until the next morning. For example, there were at least 10 bananas around and all gone in the morning, but Pawel, Paddy and I never saw anyone eating a banana... I have to admit that my perception was clearly blurred after some time...


Paddy


Tyoma


Pawel and the Polish vodka


Natalia and Yuan on the balcony


My buddy Masha


Zhenya


Ziba


Lesha ("a lover, not a hater" as Paddy correctly observed) and Tania

Public transport stops working in St. Petersburg at midnight, so I had offered everyone to stay overnight. Those who decided to stay, including me :-), started playing a dreadful drinking game called "sink the Bismarck" (John, the US citizen introduced the game to us)... and it finally finished me! I woke up in the morning, distrubed by some really noisy snores next to me. The first thing that occurred to me after my brain started working was, "I'm in bed, how did I get here???" and then I turned around to find out what that noise was and thought, "and what on earth is Lesha doing next to me?". On the floor were 5 more guys, being eaten by about 60 mosquitos... Besides the headache and an uncomfy feeling in my stomach area it was cool. I mean, who wakes up on her 28th birthday surrounded by 6 cute, young guys??? :-)
It turned out that I had fallen asleep on the couch around 2am and they had put me into bed shortly afterwards. Lesha fell asleep shortly after me, and to get him out of their way while playing more drinking games, they placed Lesha next to me on the WIDE couch!


Sergey


sink the "Bismarck"...


and the Bismarck is sinking...


Birthday presents!!!


The crowd watching Pawel's presentation


The Bismarck sank...


from the left: John, Pawel, Ania V., Tyoma, Masha, Tania, Lisa, Yuan, Lesha, Natalia, Sergey, Boris and ?, missing are Zhenya, Paddy and Ziba

We had some breakfast (well... everything that was left) and spent several hours recovering from hangovers. Around 2pm Paddy, Pawel and I set off to Hermitage and a lovely boat trip on the Newa and through the channels! Ignoring the slight headache, it came close to a perfect birthday!

I got to host Paddy and Pawel for another night and "granny" (as those two 20 years olds call me) moved to the floor. Unfortunately we had not been able to catch all the mosquitos and Paddy and I spent more than 1 hour killing mosquitos till 2am in the morning. Pawel, however, slept rather well. But you should have seen his startled look when he woke up during the night and saw Paddy and me standing on chairs and tables, killing mosquitos on the ceiling :-)))


Paddy and Pawel staring at the mosquitos


Birthday presents


Boat trip on July 24th


And the most beautiful sunset...

2 Comments:

  • Wish I wouldn´t be such a gobshite...

    Damn, I missed it. I can remember that I told Stegi your birthday some weeks ago and it was really there in my brain. But now I missed it and I´m really sorry. Just got such big eyes when I read "birthday" and now I really feel bad. Hope u got so many presents and hugs and mails that you didn´t miss my greetings...
    However, of course I wish you all the best of luck and wealth and love and becks-bottles and cute cats and sunny mornings and days without mosquitos and, and, obviosly I just have to wish you that things are going on like they are. Cause you really seem to be un-fucking-believably happy these days, hanging out in such a strange country. So just go on and have a blast there. And if the stars want us to meet in Tallinn, which would be awfully awesome, you´ll get a long birhday hug from me, your mindless dumbass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 PM  

  • the biases of links
    I have a hard time respecting anyone who believes that science or technology is neutral.
    Really like the blog ;-) You like
    custom logo design? I have info at my sites there
    about custom logo design

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home