Catch my nose - if you can

Friday, August 19, 2005

Got to go to a Lithuanian dinner party

Men are definitely better cooks than women :-) At least when you take "women" as "me" ... Chinese Yuan has shown his excellent cooking skills several times already, and yesterday John (American/Lithuanian) prepared some delicious Lithuanian dish for the funny crowd of foreigners. We all stated that we have similar dishes in our home countries, only Yuan was excited about eating "something completely new". It was really great though... and the various bottles of vine helped to keep the "giggly" atmosphere going! Sonya (Russian/American) and I were quite tipsy by the time we left the appartment (the appartment where I had lived in the beginning) and moved on to Tyoma's flat.

At Tyoma's we had lots of tea, were looking at pictures and I was chasing Mishka the cat (remember him?). (He finally got to share the bed with me...)



Sonya and I decided to stay overnight and kept talking till 3.30 in the morning. It is soooo nice to have female company and talk about "girls' things"! Sonya, just like me, spent a year in Spain and we discovered lots of common characteristics. The first hour we talked in English and then switched to Spanish at some point! How cool is that!!! I get to practise my Spanish! Yay!
My Russian is getting much better and I hope that we can talk some day in Russian just as easily!

I'm beyond being tired now, but it is Friday and I'm going camping with my colleagues over the weekend... vodka, beer and no sleep :-(

Have a great weekend!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home