Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, April 23, 2007

Spain 2007

My favorite place in the world

I've worked it out, this is my favorite place in the world: La plaza del Pilar. This square is magic! I remember bumping into this place on my very first Erasmus day 8 years ago. I had had no idea that Zaragoza had such a basilica and this huge square!

I had arrived the night before and had gone exploring the city quite aimless. All of a sudden I stood on this square and thought, "Yep, here I'm right. It was a good idea to come here". So I had an awesome and very intensive year.

Now, 7 years later it was time to go back :-)
Read more!
Barcelona
I left a very sunny Berlin and arrived in rainy Barcelona - great! :-( But I had a good time walking around and taking in Spanish air and the touristy atmosphere...


However, the best of Barcelona was Kirstie - a very good friend from my Erasmus year. Kirstie hasn't changed a bit and although 6 years have passed since I saw her last, it was just normal to hang out - as if we hadn't met for only a week or so :-)

Of course, we went out! Both of us announced that we are not capable of going out all night long anymore... Yeah right! Don't know where the time went, but we got home at 6 in the morning. Good job! I can't wait for Kirstie's visit in July - para irnos de juerga :-)




Zaragoza
It was really strange to be back in Zaragoza. It felt like I used a time machine and went back in time. I felt trapped in memories and emotions... It was a really intensive year there!



Much has changed, but actually nothing :-) La plaza del Pilar is still the same.

My favorite bar, Maremagnum, is not there anymore... Instead there is a shoe shop now - the only shoe shop in town where I found shoes that I like AND in the right size :-)

It was great to meet old friends again. I was staying with Roberto and Tsveti. They are, in fact, one of the cutest couples I have ever met. They really seem to be made for each other and it felt really good to be around them!
Thank you very much for making me feel home! :-) I hope to see you soon in Berlin!!!


Going out with Roberto and Abel.


Tsveti and me playing with Easter eggs - a tradictional Bulgarian game. Needless to say that expert Tsveti won ;-)

Here another incident to prove that the world is a village: There is a cosmetic called "Chenyu" - like my dear friend Chen-Yu. It only exists in Spain and whenever I go to Spain I try to get her something. So, I walk into "El Corte Inglés" in Zaragoza (it is a really huge shopping center, like Karstadt in Germany, only a bit more expensive) searching for "Chenyu". A shop assistent asks me if she can help me. I explain her that I have a friend with the name Chen-Yu etc. She looks at me and says, "some time ago there was a young men who also had a friend with that name. We prepared a nice package..." blabla... It must have been Sergio at least 5 years ago - since he hasn't been to Germany ever since (or at least don't know about it). I remember how he came back to Germany with a nice package of Chenyu cosmetics :-)


Leaving Zaragoza... I hope it won't take another 6 years to go back ;-)
Thanks again to Kirstie, Roberto, Tsveti and Abel for everything! You guys made my vacation rock! :-(

2 Comments:

  • ¡Hola Anna! ¿Qué tal?
    Muy bueno lo del Corte Inglés, seguro que fui yo...
    He estado en Alemania 4 o 5 veces estos últimos 5 años, pero no os he llamado... Es broma, claro que no he estado, pero tendré que ir pronto...
    Acabo de volver de vacaciones de Italia. Me ha gustado mucho, sobre todo Milán.
    Bueno, que esto no es el e-mail y lo voy a bloquear.
    Saludos a todos: Sergio

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

  • Sergio :-)
    ¡Que bien que te ha gustado mucho en Italia! Todavia está en mi lista...
    Era genial y raro volver a Zaragoza.

    Por cierto, Sven & Chen-Yu serán trés muy pronto ;-)

    Un saludo de todos y hasta pronto. ¿Me mandarás un email? ;-)

    By Blogger Anna, at 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home