Catch my nose - if you can

Monday, September 19, 2005

Novgorod

Всем привет!
I had a really nice weekend and I hope you all also had a great time! The weekend started with a birthday party in the office, which turned into a drinking party after a while... I had plans to go to the cinema afterwards and was quite tipsy by the time I got there. I watched "The wedding crashers", which is not recommendable. Despite the fact that being drunk and tired is not very helpful when it comes to understanding Russian, it is such soft movie and not really funny.

Saturday morning, Sonya - (the Russian/American) trainee I mentioned several times - and I set off for Nogorod, a nice town about 180km east from St. Petersburg. We had a great time chatting during the 3 journey there. Although it was a little disappointing that we couldn't find any place to stay overnight, we managed to see everything in one day and went happily back to Piter in the evening.

Novgorod
Read more!
Sonya
The posers at the beach
Anna
The Kremlin
At the bus station

I went for a nice walk to the German Consulate yesterday, but of course it was closed... At least I TRIED to vote! So... not sure yet if I will go home for Christmas or not...
It is getting cold here and I'm afraid that I will have to wear my winter coat from now on. Needless to say that the central heating is not on yet and it is freezing cold in my flat. People pointed - probably correctly - out to me that two people would warm up the place immensely ;-) and so I'm really looking forward to my mother's arrival next week! Hey Mami!!! And with my mom arrive my winter clothes :-)

1 Comments:

  • I envy you, Anna. All these pictures are so beautiful. One of my closest friends here is from Russia and she never tells me how beautiful it is. Enjoy while you are there!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home