Catch my nose - if you can

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Mel, Robbie and Sonya in Berlin

Have had really busy weeks! Enjoyable weeks :-)
After getting this fabulous job in Berlin - I will be an Operational Marketing Assistent in a software company doing advertisement and other things. Will have to speak Spanish a lot, Russian welcome. Yep, that's a job for me ;-)

The apartment hunt started... Berlin turns out to way less expensive than I thought! And there are loads of apartments on the market. With a little bit of luck I got a great, huge and rather cheap flat not too far away from my future office.


Read more!
So, I have been going back and forth between Berlin and Braunschweig. But the most enjoyable reason to go to Berlin was the gathering of my "Russian" friends! You might remember stories I told everyone about "the big noisy American" Mel (Robbies words) and "Robster" Robbie from Ireland with who I spent a lot of time during that cold winter in Siberia.

Anna, Mel and Robbie in front of the Russian Embassy

Robbie happened to be on vacation in Berlin, and Mel in Dublin and stopped by for 2 days. (I just love Ryanair!!!) It was so good to see them. Although we all were a little confused in the beginning: We are used to see each other dressed in huge fur coats, hats and boots. But now we were walking around in skirts/shorts melting in Berlin's 40°C.


Habits are habits and so we sticked to our usual drinking tradition - with the result that Mel and I were DRUNK by 7 pm and had to go to bed at 11 pm.

The next morning Sonya, my dear friend from my St. Petersburg times, arrived by bus from Brussels. She is on her way home to California and decided to stop by for my birthday!!! :-)

A boat trip on the Spree - Sonya


Mel and Anna

It was so great to have the three of them around, my Russian worlds getting mixed up :-) It was absolutely normal, only sometimes I wondered about the

German sounds around me ;-)

I hope to see you guys soon again!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home